City on a Hill is a faith-based nonprofit located in a former hospital on Milwaukee’s near west side. We are working collaboratively with partners and volunteers to alleviate the symptoms of chronic poverty in our neighborhood, help young people break the cycle of generational poverty in their families, and train others in solutions to persistent poverty and racial disparity in our nation. We are seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant who is a self-motivated, organized, detail oriented, multi-tasker to provide administrative support to the Operations Director, who oversees daily operations and programming of organization, and manages staff and tenant relationships.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, have an outgoing personality and enjoy a varied workload throughout the year. This is no ordinary desk job! The right person for this position must be able to thrive both behind a desk and face-to-face with our guests and partners. Duties include assisting with planning, organizing, monitoring and communicating with internal and external partners/contacts. Provides daily support to Operations Director and Accountant in business, development, and human resources matters.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least 5 years of administrative assistance experience
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to make decisions appropriately and independently on moderately difficult issues that may call for deviating from established procedures.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills; ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Dependable and able to meet urgent deadlines, recurring due dates and long term goals.
- Accuracy and strong organizational skills that will enable the individual to perform multiple detail-oriented job functions.
- Able to handle sensitive information appropriately and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Highly skilled in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint software.
- Requires strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively work and communicate with internal and external contacts.
- Must present professional demeanor with the ability to positively adapt to change.
- Creative problem solver, who takes initiative, uses good judgment and thinks ahead.
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, confidence and resilience.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Willing to learn & take direction.
- Flexibility to accommodate the needs of a growing organization.
- Willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Growing relationship with Christ and involvement in a local church
- Evidence of spiritual maturity, including integrity, humility and self-discipline
Please submit cover letter, resume & salary history to:
Brooke Chapman, Operations Director: email@example.com