Responsible for supporting the Deputy Director and the development team in sustaining City on a Hill’s philanthropic mission to restore hope, reduce poverty, strengthen families and foster racial reconciliation. The role manages the organization’s fundraising programs such as the annual fund drive, planned giving, foundation and corporate contributions, direct mail, online giving, and telephone solicitations. Responsible for donor research and reports of fundraising activities and outcomes, donor recognition and stewardship, and special fundraising events. This role requires a willingness to “roll up shirt sleeves” as a fundraising generalist expected to get the work done in a variety of development responsibilities such as: research & prospecting, campaign & event execution, direct donor communications, data entry and monitoring, and other duties as assigned.
Reports to Deputy Director, who in turn reports to the Executive Director. This position may assist other leadership staff in capital campaigns and stewardship of major donors. Data Entry staff and other support positions will work closely with this position. The Deputy Director’s administrative assistant will provide logistical and administrative support of key projects for this role.
1. Manages the Development and Execution of Annual Fund Efforts
2. Supports the Execution of Our Fund Development Strategy
3. Responsible for Donor Research and Data Management
4. Manages Stewardship Plans & Activities
5. Manages Grant Funding Activities
6. Oversees Fundraising Events
• Flexibility to accommodate the needs of a growing organization.
• Willingness to contribute in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Evidence of spiritual maturity, including integrity, humility, and self -discipline.
• Adheres to the values of City on a Hill and contributes to the unity of the team.
• Attends Leadership Days, annual staff retreat, and All Staff social events.
• Assists in mobilizing high-level volunteers in fundraising.
• Involved in monthly hands-on ministry activity.
• Completes other duties as reasonably assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Clear commitment to life transformation, community revitalization, racial justice, and stewardship of resources
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with philanthropists, as well as write and present clearly and persuasively
• Systems-oriented leader with well-honed fundraising operations and management skills
• Creative, out-of-the-box thinker and problem solver who excels in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment
• Analytical, organized, proactive, detail-oriented with strong ability to prioritize
• Sound judgment in maintaining confidentiality of donor information
• Excellent interpersonal skills including strong work ethic, impeccable integrity, and judgment
• Understanding of nonprofit development, especially grant writing, tracking and management
• Familiarity with best ways to promote an organization-wide culture of philanthropy
Experience and Expertise:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum 5 years of development experience
• Track record of success in developing and implementing scalable fundraising plans, cultivating donors and soliciting across corporate, foundation, and individual giving.
• Growing relationship with Christ and involvement in a local church
• Excellent communication skills a must, both written and verbal, with an ability to articulate complex programs, present exciting partnership opportunities, and report on progress and outcomes – must enjoy writing.
• Positive attitude with customer service orientation and willingness to “roll up shirt sleeves” as a fundraising generalist expected to get the work done.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office required; experience with donor management databases preferred.
• Cross-cultural experience an asset
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, and lift frequently throughout the workday.
• Occasionally lifts items weighing up to 20 lbs.
• Must have functional speech, vision, and hearing.
• Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
• Exposed to a normal office environment.
• Valid driver’s license.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org